Andrey,
>> arbitrary object graph
Also, that is not true, msgpack format doesn't handle circular graphs.
Think about msgpack as binary json. You couldn't understand full structure
of message if you didn't deserialize it fully before, maps and arrays are
serialized just as contiguos chunks
 of values/kv-pairs. Msgpack is a really dumb and simple format.

Also, as for me, I cannot understand why current ignite serialization
(BinaryObjectBuilder or Binarilizable) is slower than raw message pack
serializer.
I suppose that this is an issue and we should investigate it.

Pavel,  why do you use  PooledMessageBufferOutput in benchmarks? I'm sorry,
but is it fair to use it?

>> The code is linked in the IEP [2]
Double checked -- there is not any links to PR either in IEP or in jira
issue