发件人:乔嘉林 Jialin qiaoqj...@mails.tsinghua.edu.cn
收件人:dev...@iotdb.apache.org
发送时间:2019年4月18日(周四) 22:10
主题:Re: Re: For the first release version

Hi, I also want to access the VM. My apache id is: qiaojialin Thanks. -- Jialin
Qiao School of Software, Tsinghua University 乔嘉林 清华大学 软件学院  -----原始邮件-----
发件人: "Xiangdong Huang" saint...@gmail.com  发送时间: 2019-04-18 21:42:48 (星期四)
收件人: dev@iotdb.apache.org  抄送:  主题: Re: For the first release version   Hi all,
  Thanks for Christofer's reminder.   “We will work on getting this set up with
in a week or so. Please provide  a list of the apache IDs of the people who
will be responsible for  installing and maintaining the software on the VM. ”
If someone want to have the privilege of controlling the VM, please comment
under this mail thread.   Firstly, I apply for that.   Best,
-----------------------------------  Xiangdong Huang  School of Software,
Tsinghua University   黄向东  清华大学 软件学院    Christofer Dutz
christofer.d...@c-ware.de 于2019年4月18日周四 下午8:24写道:    Hu Guys,     infra is
asking for the apache ids of people needing access to the machine.     Chris
   Am 12.04.19, 09:08 schrieb "Xiangdong Huang" saint...@gmail.com:     Hi,
 I have created a ticket on JIRA [1] for getting a VM. :D     [1]
-----------------------------------   Xiangdong Huang   School of Software,
Tsinghua University     黄向东   清华大学 软件学院       Christofer Dutz
christofer.d...@c-ware.de 于2019年4月10日周三 下午4:27写道:      Hi Xiangdong,
having an Apache VM has the additional benefit of having everything   at
Apache.    I have been involved in other Apache projects where external VMs
were    involved.    Things become problematic if the key resource for
accessing this is    unavailable    (Leaves the project, is on holidays, is
sick, ...).       I guess it wouldn't really matter when you do the split,
ideally it   should    be when the    Master branch is in a usable state ...
then after your first release,    you'll merge the    Release version back to
master and from there on continue to only   merge    releases    There.
The Jenkinsfile is already prepared for this setup (it sends warning    emails
for commits    To master, but that's currently commented out). So prior to
doing the    split, give me a    short signal and I'll prepare the Jenkinsfile
for that branching   mode.       Chris             Am 10.04.19, 10:19 schrieb
"Xiangdong Huang" saint...@gmail.com:       Hi,       OK, I will try to apply a
VM from INFRA.       When I say a long-term test, I hope a test at least one
day...    Now I am planning to run two types of tests in our lib:    - A long
term test that lasts for either one week, or the main   dev    branch    is
updated.    - A aging test that runs all the time until the IoTDB instance
crashes    or    there is no disk space...       If we have a VM, at least we
can run a long-term test that lasts   for    one    day, which will trigger
many times of the following tasks:   flushing to    disk, closing TsFiles,
merging TsFiles with Overflow files.    It is helpful for guaranteeing IoTDB is
stable.       This morning I see the issue is solved by PR [1].       The thing
that we need to discuss is, which source code version    (commitlog    id) do
we set the master branch to? Current commitlog id? or   splitting    the
functionality of master/dev until we release the first version?    (I remember
on the webpage that Julian shared, the master branch   should    stay on a
tagged version, e.g., 0.1, 0.2, etc..)          [1]
https://github.com/apache/incubator-iotdb/pull/138       Best,
-----------------------------------    Xiangdong Huang    School of Software,
Tsinghua University       黄向东    清华大学 软件学院          Julian Feinauer
j.feina...@pragmaticminds.de 于2019年4月10日周三   下午3:22写道:        Also, +1 from my
side for dev / master.     And indeed, a separate VM for this kind of tests
would be a   good    idea.     And we could either manage that via separate
Jenkins jobs or   manual    before     releases or so.         How long do you
mean with long-term? Hours, Days, Weeks, ... ?         Julian         Am