Ravi Varanasi wrote:
Mauro -

One of the team members found a workaround for this problem. The problem is
commons-logging vs slf4j class loader issues. I think spring brings in the slf4j dependency in our project. Adding
"-Dorg.apache.commons.logging.Log=org.apache.commons.logging.impl.SimpleLog" to
the maven command did the trick.

Why does logging need to be so complicated in Java ?. It is supposed to help us find issues not create issues :(

That is the problem with the static nature of C-L, which relies on a discovery mechanism (and related witchcraft) which effectively breaks inversion of control. You may want to consider as an alternative PicoContainer Logging (http://picocontainer.org/logging), which is a facade to log4j and JDK logging like C-L but (unlike C-L) honours the IoC principle. Note that it has no dependency on PicoContainer and can be used with any IoC container.

Thanks for your help and +1 to JBehave. It seems like a simple and intuitive tool.

Thanks for your feedback.  Always appreciated :-)

P.S. I was unable to build the JBehave src project. Are all the tests passing ?
I tried to check out the bamboo build and it is been red for a long time. Is
this an issue ?

It builds fine on my end, with following configuration:

Apache Maven 2.2.0 (r788681; 2009-06-26 14:04:01+0100)
Java version: 1.6.0_15
OS name: "mac os x" version: "10.5.8" arch: "x86_64" Family: "mac"

Can you post the output of tests and/or more details of where it fails?

Cheers