Github user afs commented on the pull request:

    https://github.com/apache/jena/pull/94#issuecomment-149844143

    This comment is mostly reviewing the Memory Dataset design, not the
Journalling part.

    #### Performance Status

    @ajs6f, you [mentioned that using Java8
streams](http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/jena-dev/201510.mbox/%3CBC838704-0486-4094-90C6-D8C8DA044351%40email.virginia.edu%3E)
 was leading to overhead costs.  Is it the streams or the fact that the
datastructure has to be traversed and it's less efficient than the array
bunches in the memory graph?

    #### DatasetFactory

    I don't see factory operations and, what will be important, javadoc.
What's the status here?

    See discussion on dev@ [(part of this
email)](http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/jena-dev/201510.mbox/%3C5610F36D.8090602%40apache.org%3E).

    #### Assembler
    Ditto.

    #### Documentation

    A couple of paragraphs
    * what is it
    * how to use it
    * Choice between general and  txnmem datasets

    Maybe best to integrate with other documentation - pull out "transactions"
from TDB and modify it.

    #### Persistent datastructures

    These could go in their own package.

    Some basic tests needed.

    #### Dependency management

    The jena-arq POM changes should have version management carried up in
jena-parent.

    mockito already has some version in jena-parent and is used in jena-core.

    Add mockito and awaitility to jena-arq/DEPENDENCIES for accounting.

    #### Mocking in tests

    (minor) Any reason to not just do the action and test for an effect?

    #### Warnings

    Remove warning or suppress if necessary.
    (unnecessary semicolons, a couple of casts, one javadoc error)

    ### Journaling

    Even though not used, I'm minded to include it in the codebase with the
understanding it is "subject to change". I can imagine it could help jena-text
for example.

    LockMRPlusSW : tests?

---
with INFRA.