Github user ajs6f commented on the pull request:

    https://github.com/apache/jena/pull/94#issuecomment-149916761

    Thanks for the feedback, @afs! I'll take it point-by-point:

    - Performance Status: The suspicion to which I was referring is that it's
because using the Streams API generates more objects and those objects have
more state than using iterators. It should be noted that I have not been able
to verify this. I could, by rewriting the PR to avoid the Streams API, but it
would require a good bit of work to do that and I think it would be _much_
harder to read. I think the majority of the performance decline is because of
the changes in design, not incidental stuff like this.

    - DatasetFactory: I just hadn't touched that yet to avoid touching anything
outside of my code until we are happy with the basic machinery. I will happily
put that in as per your proposal in that message. See a forthcoming commit.
{grin}

    - Assembler: I'm still reading through the assembler subsystem and making
sure I understand it before extending it. I should be able to supply something
soon.

    - Documentation: Yes, I haven't done anything here. I assume you are
talking about documentation in the website, right? Not Javadocs?

    - Persistent datastructures: Cool, I'll break these out and give them some
tests.

    - Dependency management: Okay, I'll square that away. I didn't realize that
$module/DEPENDENCIES even existed. What does that support?

    - (Not) Mocking in tests: I think that should be doable in most cases. I
usually prefer mocking because it makes everything very explicit, but if Jena's
habit is otherwise, I'm happy to follow it.

    - Warnings: Hm, didn't see those (except for the casts). I will make sure
everything is clean. Those casts are really weird, because sometimes I have
seen compilation fail without them, but they do seem to be unnecessary and the
types are infer-able. I will check into it more thoroughly.

    - Journaling: I think including it could be a good way also to get some
feedback. Is there some Jena-standard way to mark something as "slightly
experimental" a la Google's `@Beta` annotation?

    - LockMRPlusSW: I will slap some tests on that.

---
with INFRA.
---