Hi Matt,

On Sat, Mar 26, 2016 at 9:47 AM, Matt Post <p...@cs.jhu.edu> wrote:

> What is the new codebase convention supposed to be?

So now, the canonical Joshua codebase MUST be at [0]
The Github mirror at [2] is merely a mirror NOT the canonical source. All
of the future releases of Joshua will be cut from the source at [0] meaning
that all code development must now be transitioned to that codebase.

[0] https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator-joshua.git

> Does development still happen at [1] and get mirrored to [2]
> automatically?

No, essentially [1] gets shut down with a notice (apache branch README)
telling people that the canonical source is at [0] however there is a
convenient mirror at [2] for pull requests, etc. The notice should also say
that the new website is at http://joshua.incubator.apacha.org

> I am uncertain what I am supposed to do (i.e., where I should set origin
> to be on my personal checkouts).

So origin is now [0]

> [1] https://github.com/joshua-decoder/joshua
> [2] https://github.com/apache/incubator-joshua
>
> I have created the apache branch on the main repo and pushed it up.

Great, can you make this the default branch on the repository so that when
people try to navigate there the README clearly directs them towards [0]
for the canonical source or [2] for the mirror?

I notice that [1] and [0] are out of sync now actually. Would it be
possible for you to forward port all of the code augmentations which have
taken place since following commit

mjpost <https://github.com/mjpost> Added ability to add, remove, and list
rules in the private phrase table
<https://github.com/apache/incubator-joshua/commit/9a7700b2b71f64370a4822335916867e9a7e5afe>

to [0]?
Once this is done, I would suggest that you make [1] read only as this will
prevent the codebases diverging again.
Thanks, this is not typically a painful process however once in place we
will be good to go and begin building the community out.