Thanks for the detailed notes, Lewis, I just tried to push to [0] and got the
following note:

$ git push apache master
Counting objects: 3, done.
Compressing objects: 100% (3/3), done.
Writing objects: 100% (3/3), 306 bytes | 0 bytes/s, done.
Total 3 (delta 2), reused 0 (delta 0)
remote: Write access is currently disabled. The ASF Git
remote: repositories are currently undergoing maintenance.
remote:
To https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator-joshua.git
 ! [remote rejected] master -> master (pre-receive hook declined)
error: failed to push some refs to
'https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator-joshua.git'

I will assume this is just temporary and will try again sometime tomorrow.

Once [0] is up-to-date, I'll make the Apache branch at [1] the default and
disable write access.

matt