+1

Thank you for the KIP!

Our organization runs kafka at large scale in a multi-tenant configuration.
We actually have many other enterprises connecting up to our system to
retrieve stream data. These feeds vary greatly in volume and velocity. The
peak rates are a multiplicative factor of the nominal.  There is extreme
skew in our datasets in a number of ways.

We don't have time to work with every new internal/external client to tune
their feeds. They need to be able to take one of the many kafka clients and
go off to the races.

Being able to retrieve client metrics would be invaluable here as it's hard
and time consuming to communicate out of the enterprise walls.

This KIP is important to us to expand the use of our datasets internally
and outside the borders of the enterprise. Our clients like the performance
and data safeties related to the kafka connection. The observability has
been a problem...

Jonathan Rivers
jrivers...@gmail.com