+1

I think this KIP solves a problem that has been around for some time with Kafka
deployments, which is the ability to assess the current state of a Kafka
architecture but looking at the whole picture. I also share other folks'
concerns regarding adding runtime dependencies to the clients; this may be
problematic for large deployments. Still, I think it is worth refactoring.

IMHO, it is a fair trade-off.

— Ricardo