Hey Colin

I suggested running tests on every merge to trunk because on an
average we have 5-6 commits merged per day in the discuss thread
https://lists.apache.org/thread/4mfq46fc7nnsr96odqxxhcxyv24d8zn0.
Running this test suite 5 times won't be a burden to the CI
infrastructure. The advantage we get is that, unlike nightly builds
which have a chance of being ignored, branch builds are actively
monitored by folks in the community. Hence, we will be able to add
this new suite without adding a new routine in the maintenance.

--
Divij Vaidya