From: Colin McCabe <cmcc...@apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, September 13, 2023 3:48 AM
To: dev@kafka.apache.org
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [VOTE] KIP-942: Add Power(ppc64le) support

I just disagree with the idea of running it for every commit. If we can't
compromise on this condition then I just have to cast a -1. It's tough enough
to get stuff committed since our tests take quite a long time.  The fact that
we only manage 5-6 commits a day is a bad thing, and not something we should
make even worse. It leads directly to things like big PR backlogs, which we've
discussed here many times.

best,
Colin