Thanks Christo for starting the discussion on the KIP.

As mentioned in KAFKA-15857[1], the goal is to add new entries for
local-log-start-offset and tierd-offset in OffsetSpec. This will be
used in AdminClient APIs and also to be added as part of
GetOffsetShell. This was also raised by Kamal in the earlier email.

OffsetSpec related changes for these entries also need to be mentioned
as part of the PublicInterfaces section because these are exposed to
users as public APIs through Admin#listOffsets() APIs[2, 3].

Please update the KIP with the above details.

1. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-15857
2.
https://github.com/apache/kafka/blob/trunk/clients/src/main/java/org/apache/kafka/clients/admin/Admin.java#L1238
3.