Heya Luke,

Thank for the question! I have expanded in the KIP - in my opinion if -5
(latest-tiered) is requested when tiered storage is disabled Kafka should
return -2. My reasoning is that if there is no remote storage then we
should be returning an offset which is within the bounds of the log. Let me
know if you disagree!

Best,
Christo