From:   Joel Koshy <jjkosh...@gmail.com>
To:     "dev@kafka.apache.org" <dev@kafka.apache.org>
Date:   01/05/2017 06:55 PM
Subject:        Re: [DISCUSS] KIP-109: Old Consumer Deprecation

While I realize this only marks the old consumer as deprecated and not a
complete removal, I agree that it is somewhat premature to do this prior
having a migration process implemented. Onur has described this in detail
in the earlier thread: http://markmail.org/message/ekv352zy7xttco5s and
I'm
surprised that more companies aren't affected by (or aware of?) the issue.