On Fri, Jul 13, 2018, at 17:45, Ted Yu wrote:
> Looking at modifyConfigs API, it doesn't seem that ConcurrentHashMap
> should be used as the underlying parameter type.
I agree that there are other types of maps that do support null values.
However, the fact that some official map implementations from the
standard library don't support null values makes this a questionable
feature to rely on.  Imagine being a new user of this API who created a
ConcurrentHashMap, tried to insert some null keys, and pass to  the API.
It would compile, but not work.  It would certainly be confusing.
> Anyway, to signify that null value is supported, value type can be
> declared as Optional<Config>.>
> FYI

Yeah, now that we're on Java 8, Optional could be a good choice here.

best,
Colin