Hi JB,

You are right the discussion about clustering this should be discussed
somewhere else :)

I can see your point about the OBR provisioning for Client instances
and so forth, so +1 from me for finding a good solution  for this. :)

Regards, Achim

2011/3/15 Jean-Baptiste Onofré <j...@nanthrax.net>:
> Hi Achim,
>
> my comments inline:
>
>> did I get that right, you plan to use Karaf as a OBR Server?
>> Cause right now I think we are more used to use OBR from the client view,
>> right?
>
> Exactly. Karaf acts more as a OBR "client" right now, but it ships also an
> OBR. My purpose is to be able (optionally) to turn Karaf as an OBR server,
> usable by remote OBR client (including other Karaf instances, including
> Karaf children instances).
>

>> Concerning the central Manager for other instances of a clustered
>> environment. Do we really want to
>> have a Managing instance like in the "good old days of JEE servers" or
>> do we want a more P2P approach?
>
> I think it's another discussion, especially when talking about feature and
> stat sync, etc.
>

>> So I'm unsure if we need that or if we just need a way of
>> "synchronizing" all instances. For Provisioning inside the "cluster"
>> it might be a good Idea to use OBR.
>
> It's the purpose indeed. But more than only in the cluster case, it could be
> helpful at least for Karaf children instances.
>
> Regards
> JB
>

>> Regards, Achim
>>
>> 2011/3/15 Jean-Baptiste Onofré<j...@nanthrax.net>:
>>>
>>> Hi Guillaume,
>>>
>>> my vision is:
>>> 1/ only add an optional feature to be able to use Karaf OBR as an
>>> Enterprise
>>> OBR (including RESTful, web administration)
>>> 2/ regarding the Karaf clustering, it could be interesting to have a