I think the dependency problem is common to all projects that provide
karaf extensions such as commands.
I really think the way to go is to have karaf pointint to an external
file from karaf web site as I explained in the other thread.  That way
we could reference camel and other projects too.

I propose to host in subversion the following:
   karaf/repository/karaf-2.2.xml
and
   karaf/repository/karaf-3.0.xml

The whole karaf/repository folder would be synced from svn into
http://karaf.apache.org/repository/
We then need to change 2.2.x and 3.x branches to add the respective
file as a feature repository.
These files would only contain links to other compatible repository descriptors:

<features name="karaf-global-${project.version}"
xmlns="http://karaf.apache.org/xmlns/features/v1.0.0";>
  <repository>url-to-another-repository</repository>
</features>

If we agree on that, I think we should also trim down a bit the
standard descriptor to remove any non core-karaf related features
(such as spring, spring-dm, spring-web, and even war).  Those would be
pushed along with the aries related features from the enterprise
descriptor and cellar feature to this global repository.
We can then add to this repo any other open source project that
provides features such as cxf, camel, activemq (and hopefully others
to come).

The only thing would be to make sure that if there's no internet
connection, karaf still works nicely and that those repositories can
be lazy loaded so as to not slow down karaf startup when the
descriptor becomes bigger.

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet