I was mainly thinking about the pgp / signing wrt development time.
It's just I don't think people want want to put into production a
product that will download artifacts from uncontrolled locations
(uncontrolled from their pov, such as maven central).  So pgp/signing
is less an issue imho.
Licensing should definitely be clearly advertised, you're absolutely right.

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet