On Sat, May 7, 2011 at 7:51 AM, Ioannis Canellos <ioca...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Guillaume,
>

>> If we agree on that, I think we should also trim down a bit the
>> standard descriptor to remove any non core-karaf related features
>> (such as spring, spring-dm, spring-web, and even war).
>>

> I like the idea of the repository file, however I don't see war and cellar
> fall back to this category (imho this is a solution fit for external
> projects and not sub-projects). This could be a great idea for providing
> functionality to the minimal distribution, but not on standard.

TBH I'm with Guaillaume here (although I also share Jamies concerns
about stability). This is quite similar to what I've described on
another thread (extracting deployer (spring at least), management,
web, ...). This will allow us to keep the "karaf-kernel" as small as
possible. In addition, using this model we can release components
independent of Karaf.

Kind regards,
Andreas