On Sep 28, 2012, at 5:06 PM, Andreas Pieber <anpie...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The question is rather. Does asm 4.x break anything? Or is it only its
> internal handling?

If I remember correctly, it pretty much breaks a lot of things.   It's mostly
SOURCE compatible, but not binary compatible at all.   Code compiled against
3.x won't work with 4.x and vice versa.   CXF switched to using some reflection
magic to allow use of either version of ASM.   Kind of crappy, but……..

Dan