well, good question; tbh now ideas what will happen if Aries will use
ASM 4 and e.g. Spring is going to install ASM 3 side by side. In
addition the question is: How much do we like to risk breaking
compatibility between minor releases. As I know my industrial
customers they would rather prefer stability over new features. In
other words, if you upgrade from 2.2.x to 2.3.x basically you want to
adapt nothing in your software; if you need the new features go with
3.0 and the hell of migrating...

Just my 0.02€

Kind regards,
Andreas