Thanks for details, I see your point and I agree.

As said to some guys during ApacheCon, you have to do much better about
tooling in Karaf.
Even if Karaf is OSGi powered, the dev can or not use OSGi, and it could
be just a implementation detail if the tooling is good enough.

We have some work around this (karaf-boot, winegrowers, ...) on which we
have to move forward.

Thanks again Julian for your feedback.

Regards
JB