Hi,

it was not so much karaf (I kind of liked it from the start) it was rather OSGi.
We come from spring and when I looked through all the osgi material lots of it
seemed strange and confusing like Aries, Blueprint, DS, enRoute, ... .
Serge helped me a lot with sorting the things in my head and getting all clear
(also with bundle vs. feature vs. feature-repo) and DS stuff and lots more.
So I think Karaf is already doing an excellent job its rather the OSGi world
that is damn confusing and one thing that probably could help is a small OSGi
introduction or something.

I hope that helps!
Julian