Hi Jean, hello ops4j participants.

Given recent rush hours with log4j issues I can understand some of the concerns. However, looking at practical aspects, these issues were handled as good as they would be at the ASF. Time it took Grzegorz to release updated pax-logging was pretty short.

If people are concerned about maintenance or governance of ops4j projects they can/should share their concerns. So far we have just one statement from Matt and literally 0 of the security related comments prior this thread. It doesn't make a very solid justification for any moves in this area yet, especially that all known security issues seem to be covered.

Best,
Łukasz

Hi Achim

Just wanted to share concerns I received. Basically, PAX projects are
"free fields", without strong guarantee in the release (not formal
staging/vote/review).

It doesn't mean we don't do that, it's just not strongly enforced ;)

I don't mean we *have to* do it, I'm just sharing comments that I got.

Regards
JB

On Thu, Feb 24, 2022 at 4:43 PM 'Achim Nierbeck' via OPS4J