On 10.9.2018 11:34, Julian Foad wrote:
sha...@apache.org wrote on 2018-09-10:
Hi Julian

No, this query doesn't need to remain private. Please feel free to share
this with your community.
Done. Thanks.

I sent the reminder to the PMCs as the
original request to become a Kibble demo project was sent out to the
PMCs. [...]
I wonder if I can guess the root of the problem. Your email arrived at
"private@subversion.a.o" but from what you say here would I be right in guessing you
addressed it to "p...@apache.org"? If that's the case, then that's a source of confusion.

Hi Julian

I didn't send the original request so I'm not sure what alias was used but the objective was to send it to all project private lists. If you'd like to locate the message, the original request for participation was sent on 27 November 2017.

I have just searched around and found that in 2005 a resolution [3] was passed to rename all the
mailing lists formerly called "p...@project.apache.org" to
"priv...@project.apache.org" and to use these only for strictly private matters. This
resolution is incorporated in the PMC Required Policies [2].

However, it appears that the alias "pmcs@" may now be pointing to the "private@" lists (I'm not
sure how to check), in which case it should therefore only be used for strictly private matters and it may be a good
idea to rename that alias to something like "pmcs-private@" and deprecate "pmcs@".

For matters which we wish to address to PMCs but need not be private, we should have some other
alias ("pmcs-public@"?). This should point to each project's most appropriate public
mailing list. (In the case of Apache Subversion, I believe this would be
"dev@subversion.a.o".)

Can you shed any more light on this?
This sounds like a discussion topic for dev@community.a.o rather than the Kibble dev list as as you are talking about something that would affect all projects.

Thanks