Hi Sharan,

(+dev@sling)

On Mon, 2018-09-10 at 10:07 +0200, sha...@apache.org wrote:
> Hi All
>
> Thanks very much for being one of the projects that is part of the
> Kibble demo instance. We hope that you are making use of the
> information
> Kibble shows about your project. We have had our demo instance up
> and
> running for most of this year so now we'd like to get some feedback
> from
> you about how you are using Kibble.
>
> Some example questions that we’d be interested in are as follows:
>
>   * How often are you using Kibble and what are you using it for?

I for one used it a couple of times to try and assess community health
by looking for new contributors. Having 280+ git repos makes it very
hard to do so with other tools.

>   * How does information from Kibble inform decisions or is useful in
>     other ways?

I'm looking mostly at trends - how is the number of contributors
evolving? Do we have new people coming in and contributing?

>   * What questions about your community can you currently not answer
> and
>     what information could Kibble provide to help answer these
> questions?

Top of my head, that would be:

- contributions by non-committers - code, emails
- release activity ( can be picked up from Jira or from [VOTE] emails )

>   * What problems do you have with using Kibble?

1. Trying to access the 'contributors' tab with the 'Apache Sling' view
results in a 'Widget design not found' error for me [1]
2. (Not an issue with Kibble per se) Since we keep adding repositories
(~20 are not on Kibble) we would need a way of automating it. I saw
that Kibble has an API, but not sure how much work is for us to manage
the repositories list ( + the view ). Need to look into it.
3. I was unable to find what the Pony Factor is. Some documentation
(inline in the app or in the manual) would be great.

-----

Guess that about covers it. Overall I'm happy Kibble exists I can
extract stats about our projects so thanks for that!

Robert

[1]:
https://demo.kibble.apache.org/contributors.html?page=mvp&view=adb6da82a758f0cc0d3b650b9e839c15c0e0f7d92ff5f074821d7e98