Hi all,

Since the 1.0.0 release there have been a few issues found which may
warrant a bug fix on the 1.0.x line.  I'd like to get the ball rolling and
figure out what we might want to include in a bug release, if we decide to
go ahead with a bug release fix.

Potential inclusions:

KUDU-1652 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KUDU-1652>: Partition
pruning / scan optimization fails with IS NOT NULL predicate on PK column
KUDU-1651 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KUDU-1651>: tserver crash
when pushing predicate on dict encoded block with all null values
8fc75a5c65
<https://github.com/apache/kudu/commit/8fc75a5c654e100871316e61878b141df4707d0e>:
[java
client] Fix an NPE in KuduException
9911c489
<https://github.com/apache/kudu/commit/9911c489c45b3a261ee50ad1f837387b4953421b>
 KUDU-1623 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KUDU-1623>: Properly
handle UPSERTS that only include PK column
b0b273e8
<https://github.com/apache/kudu/commit/b0b273e8271752b6eb04ba163981aad1c792e413>:
[java client] make DateFormat safe to use
1eb2418
<https://github.com/apache/kudu/commit/1eb24183a540f4e3bbbc8a399e440ecf905f6129>:
consensus: properly truncate all state when aborting operations
KUDU-1090 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KUDU-1090> 4b9d2f6
<https://github.com/apache/kudu/commit/4b9d2f6976f45ea57e9a2c2648f31b3a0941a569>:
relax
MemTracker uniqueness constraint

It would also be nice to fix the Java client's client2tablet
synchronization / memory leak issue, but I'm not sure of the proper set of
patches to backport.  JD/David, do you have any insight on that?

Please reply with any other commits that you would like to include.

Most of these issues are extremely rare, or easily worked around (or both),
but I think in aggregate they represent enough sharp edges that waiting for
a 1.1 release may be painful.

Since a few of these issues don't have a patch committed or even in review
yet, an RC probably can't be cut before the end of next week (October
7th).  I volunteer to RM this one.  What does everyone think?

- Dan