Hi,

I started preparing my OOoCon presentation "i18n for l10n", here follows
what I sent in as an abstract:

The presentation will talk about the internationalization of the
OpenOffice.org application suite, internationalization that enables the
software to run with different localizations, hence the title "i18n for
l10n". The presentation will not cover the steps of localization and
translation. Planned coverage is an overview of the history of the i18n
framework and its API, why it is there, what it does, how it developed,
how it interfaces with other components, for example the ICU
(International Components for Unicode), its relation with the CLDR
(Common Locale Data Repository), and how it is used by the applications.
I'll focus on how to add data and features for new locales,
extensibility and difficulties. Current obstacles and problems, ideas
how to solve them and other plans will give an outlook on what can be
done in the near and not so near future. Depending on the audience there
will be a more or less extensive Q&A session at the end. Since it is not
possible to cover all aspects in a 30-40 minutes presentation, I'll
gather topics and opinions on the [EMAIL PROTECTED] mailing list during
preparation to hopefully be able to satisfy the needs.

So my question now is: in addition to a general overview, what would
people like me to focus on? Bear in mind that a relatively short
presentation session can't offer a complete how-to, nor can it be
something like a workshop. But we can try to insert some lecture-style
15 minutes or so.

  Eike

--
 OOo/SO Calc core developer. Number formatter bedevilled I18N transpositionizer.
 GnuPG key 0x293C05FD:  997A 4C60 CE41 0149 0DB3  9E96 2F1A D073 293C 05FD