On 9/2/05, Jonathon Blake <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Ivo wrote:
>
> >>i) The number of files that are required to be translated;
> >>ii) The number of strings that are required to be translated;
>
> > Those two point can not be avoided in my point of view.
>
> True.   I _think_ that translation memory will make the wall a little smaller.

But we use translation memory. When we started with 2.0, David has
genereated po files from existing 1.1.3 translation, I've read them
into KBabels translation memory, merged to 2.0 and had about 70% from
GUI translated in 10 minutes.
It is also possible to use eg. KDE and KOffice message base, when
there are no earlier OO.o translations.

--
Ain Vagula