Hi Yury,

On Tue, Sep 06, 2005 at 10:57:10 +0300, Yury Tarasievich wrote:

> On 5 September 2005 17:37, Eike Rathke wrote:
> > People tend to only see the mere translation phase and simplicity of
> > language packs regarding text only, and in these of course using gettext
> > is much easier. For handling localized icons and such you'd still need
> > another system, or did that change?
>
> I'm not familiar with OOO internals, but isn't the string (path) sufficient
> for addressing of the localized icons?

Yes. I wanted to point out that you can't replace one system with
another, but that both systems have to coexist instead. It's not only
about icons. For example, each button you see in a dialog is initialized
with a message using a message-ID from the resource system. Same for any
textual element you have in dialogs. All these elements needed to be
rewritten to use gettext instead / in addition / wrapped / whatever.

  Eike

--
 OOo/SO Calc core developer. Number formatter bedevilled I18N transpositionizer.
 GnuPG key 0x293C05FD:  997A 4C60 CE41 0149 0DB3  9E96 2F1A D073 293C 05FD