Hi Ain,

Thank you for your comments.

All members of the tranlate.org.za development team that are currently
still at work had a discussion about these topics.
Which actually just mean that I picked Friedel's brain before posting,
but this doesn't sound nearly as impressive :-).

We are on #pootle (irc.freenode.net) if anybody is interested in asking
some more questions.

Ain Vagula wrote:

<snip>

> How can I in Pootle:
> - search and/or replace quickly over all oo.o tree some hundreds of strings

Yes, Pootle already has searching per file or per project, although
there is no easy replace functionality yet.

> - copy msgid into msgstr with one keypress

We have an access key that does this, eg. alt-c in Firefox.

> - scroll quickly up and down or to next untranslated/fuzzy, having in same
> time a significant part of other strings visible?

When you click on "quick translate" in Pootle, the translate interface
moves to the next untranslated or fuzzy unit, displaying it's
surrounding context in the file.

> - have an email notification with diff of every submission

Hmmm... interesting idea. You could do a feature request in our bugzilla
if you want, just so that we don't forget about the idea.
http://bugs.wordforge.org/

This needs to be configurable though, not everyone would want to receive
a diff of 200 new translated strings all the time :-).

> - limit access of users who are very active but cannot write 4 words without
> doing 6 hard grammatical errors? ;)

Our access rights already allow an administrator to give a user suggest
privileges without giving translate privileges.
A reviewer would then be able to go through the suggestions and
approve/reject them.

Regards,
Andreas

- --