Marcin Miłkowski wrote:

>> I'm against Pootle as storage and against all about OLT at this point of
>> time. We have translators, who used gettext based tools (also open btw)
>> for a years and who also participate in many other projects (KDE, Gnome,
>> GNU applications, various distributions like SUSE, Mandriva - and reuse
>> also translation compendiums across all this software).
>> Makes it sense to force them to use two different interfaces? Or throw a
>> line between Sun (only some 9 language) translators and community
>> translators (several dozens) and their long-time experience?
>> Sorry, when this message seems irritating, but I'm open to discussion.
>> And fix me when I'm wrong in some predjustices.
>
> I don't mean that OLT should be forced as a tool. We simply need a
> server-based translation memory, if we want to think about translation
> consistency and good quality. We can use translation memories on local
> machines - there are many nice TM tools like POEdit for gettext files or
> OmegaT - but a shared TM like Rosetta in Ubuntu would be wonderful.
> Rosetta is closed-source, and not likely to be open. That's why I wanted
> to ask OLT people to configure a server for ALL languages used in OOo
> localizations.

Sorry, but poEdit seems a crap - its impossible to see strings in logical
order, which makes it unsusable translating helpcontent2 (it shows strings
in order untranslated-fuzzy-translated).
Also gtranslator should be avoided as it breaks oo.o helpcontent tags
containing quote marks "" (messing these up with gettext string
linebreaks). KBabel is almost unmaintained for a quite long time, but is
still usable with its catalogmanager (supporting both svn and cvs
repositories, support for svn 1.4 is already committed and will appear
soon) and its own TM. And of course various text redactors with syntax
highlighting are good too, when used together with gettext installation.

ain