Dear Valter,

Le 12 févr. 09 à 19:07, Valter Mura a écrit :

Hi All,

My name is Valter Mura and I collaborate in the Italian Loc-Team.

Some friends and me have (a small group for now) the intention to localize OpenOffice.org in Sardinian* language, which is not present in the localization
project main page. I'd be the coordinator of this project.
So our first step is to open a Loc project and I read the information for it.

I ask you some question regarding it:

- I submit an Enhancement issue in l10n subcomponent i18npool, stating _sc-IT_ as [xxx-YY] (ISO 639-1 exists for Sardinian but ISO 3166-1 doesn't, so I
suppose that I have to state IT, Italian, as "country").
- I DO NOT state CTL and RTL, due to its romance origin.
- I HAVE NOT FOUND, sadly, that the Microsoft locale identifier (LCID) is not
present for Sardinian, so I cannot state one.

I'll wait for a response.

After that, if I understood well, I need to create a _new locale data_ to be able to fully support Sardinian as a locale, including number formats and calendar data, and having it selectable as default document language. For this
step I surely need some help more...
Does this involve also spellchecker and hyphenation?

Are all steps mentioned above correct? May I proceed with the issue?

*Sardinia: a small island in the middle of the Mediterranean sea of about
1,500,000 inhabitants. :-)

Forgive my ignorance but is Sardinian considered to be an italian dialect or a language? If this is the latter you can also open a native-language project aside starting localisation work.

Best,

Charles-H. Schulz.