I wonder if we could avoid duplicated efforts.

A lot has changed in the contents. They may be some that could be referenced, but unlikely - as Rafaella said, the format and source has changed a lot since that document was published.

The similar document has been already translated and available at
http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/prod/so8?l=ja&a=view

 + StarOffice 8 Collection - Japanese
    StarOffice 8 開発ガイド
    http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/819-1324?l=ja - January 22, 2007
      http://dlc.sun.com/pdf/819-1324/819-1324.pdf

Tora

Hi all,

We, Japanese translation project, will translate
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/DevGuide/OpenOffice.org_Developers_Guide
into Japanese.

When you are translating and putting the content back into the Wiki:

- Please use the existing English URLs for each page with a JA prefix, and use the Wiki syntax DISPLAYTITLE to localize the page title. For example, http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/JA/Documentation/DevGuide/OpenOffice.org_Developers_Guide

This simplifies things like providing a master Collection for exporting the manual to ODT and PDF, and automating the Intrawiki linking.

You can look at the Chinese translation for a good guideline on how to manage the technical side of the localization.
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Zh/Documentation/DevGuide/OpenOffice.org_Developers_Guide

We will need to add intrawiki links from each language to the next. I will look at the best way we can do this - when we had just English and Chinese, it was easy to manage on a page by page basis. With more languages it quickly becomes necessary to automate it.

C.
--
Clayton Cornell       ccorn...@openoffice.org
OpenOffice.org Documentation Project co-lead