Marcin Miłkowski wrote:

> Mathias Bauer pisze:
>> Marcin Miłkowski wrote:

>>> Why wouldn't they look there? I mean for many languages, the first thing
>>> that happens after you install OpenOffice.org is checking for updates,
>>> and you get a prompt to update the dictionaries - this is why so many
>>> dictionary extensions have so many downloads at the extension site.
>>> After you do that, you are shown the extension manager, so you see the
>>> dictionaries there.
>>>
>>> I know it doesn't happen for English, but that's not the only language
>>> out there ;)
>>
>> Well, yes, let's see. Maybe I'm just seeing things. :-)
>
> Well, it's not such a bad idea to redesign the Extension Manager to
> create a separate tab for dictionaries only. Another glitch is that
> under Unix systems, you cannot update your dictionary extension (well,
> you can, but you're not told you can! - automatic update doesn't try to
> download a new version and install it for your account).

If the dictionary is installed for a single user, the update should work
(at least in Sun builds). If the dictionary is installed for all users,
it must be downloaded and installed separately with admin rights.
Another option would be to deploy the extensions as native packages (as
for some Firefox extensions) containing a script with a custom action
that installs the extension.

Regards,
Mathias

Please don't reply to "nospamfor...@gmx.de".