Hi all,

Olivier R. wrote:
> Per Eriksson a écrit :
>
> > I would like to know the status for 64400. What is the current status?
>
> I would like to know also what solution will be applied.
>
> It would useful to prepare dictionaries accordingly.

It is planned that hyphens should become part of the word as recognized
by the breakiterator. The ecxact types of hyphens and languages where to
apply this (probably all western languages at least, maybe all
languages) is still up for discussion. From my point of view I currently
see no reason why the same behavior should not be applied to all languages.

As to when the change will happen:
It should be fixed for OOo 3.2 but details are not yet known.

> Can we already assume that if a word with hyphen is not recognized, each
> parts of the word will be checked separately?

That needs to be discussed with László since that will probably needed
to be taken care of by hunspell.
However as mentioned in the issue, a problem will be that the current
spell check API can not mark parts of the text to be checked as wrong.
Also even if it could be done in the spell check API the applications
are not yet prepared for it.
See my comment from /Wed Sep 3 11:31:15 +0000 2008 in the issue,
especially in c).

Of course in order to see if that approach works at all we need to have
the hyphen to be part of the word as soon as possible. Only then we can
see in detail what additional problems will arise and how to handle them.
/
The long run optimal solution would be that this problem is handled by a
grammar checker that is also a spell checker and thus can make use of
the grammar checking API that allows for proper handling of this problem
(mark only part of the text and provide suggestions only for that part).

Regards,
Thomas