Hi Ruud Baars,

> In OOo there is a setting that makes OOo ignore spellchecking for words,
> written completely in UPPERCASE.
>
> Maybe the intention is to ignore the amount of 3-letter company names.
>
> Nevertheless, it also prevents spellchecking correcting the misspelled
> DVD and CD to be corrected into dvd and cd, which is the official
> spelling for Dutch. We were so happy to have found Laszlo's 'keepcase'...
>
> Is it possible to change this option from the spelling extension? Where
> could I find info on that?

It is possible to change that setting from an extension. But since
unfortunately that setting applies to all languages it is probably not a
very good idea to change a global setting from within a language
specific extension.

As for the property:
the configuration node path is "org.openoffice.Office.Linguistic" here
in the group "SpellChecking" you can find the property named
"IsSpellUpperCase".

Thomas