Hi Thomas,

Thomas Lange - Sun Germany - ham02 - Hamburg schreef:
Hi Per,

Our dictionary people wonder the following:

Will OOo read the Hunspell WORDCHARS directive, and not forward the hyphens if the following is mentioned in the dictionary?

WORDCHARS -

Or will OOo 3.2 always forward the hyphen in the beginning and at the end of words?

The OOo breakiterator does not know about dictionaries. Thus it will
always include the hyphens now as part of the word.

(The only dictionaries that are implicitly known by the breakiterator
are the hyphenation dictionaries. This is because the breakiterator is
used by the layout to determine the position for line-breaking. And to
do that it uses the regular hyphenation component to get this done.
But still, even for this task the word boundaries are obtained without
looking at any dictionary content.)
Would it be possible to add a function in the break iterator to switch the feature on or off? Then Hunspell could use this function when it parses the affix file.

At least for Dutch, changes in the dictionary and possibly support in Hunspell have to be added to use this feature. It would be useful if a switch in the affix file could enable or disable it so that spell checking with the existing dictionary (before we complete these changes) would work as before.

By the way, does Hunspell accept hyphen characters as part of a prefix or suffix?
e.g. if we use these affix rules:

PFX X 0 - .

SFX Y 0 - .
SFX Z 0 s- .