Hello,

Thomas Lange skrev:
Hi Per,

Thomas Lange - Sun Germany - ham02 - Hamburg skrev:
The OOo breakiterator does not know about dictionaries. Thus it will
always include the hyphens now as part of the word.

(The only dictionaries that are implicitly known by the breakiterator
are the hyphenation dictionaries. This is because the breakiterator is
used by the layout to determine the position for line-breaking. And to
do that it uses the regular hyphenation component to get this done.
But still, even for this task the word boundaries are obtained without
looking at any dictionary content.

So the breakiterator will not read the affix file read the WORDCHARS directive? It will always be on?
Correct. The breakiterator never did that. The new behavior is only about hyphens/dashes.
Is there a problem with that?

We would like it to read the WORDCHARS directive, to make sure if the dictionary is ready to support this feature, as our current dictionary does not support this new feature and you must use the correct version of OOo 3 and the correct version of our dictionary. Reading the affix file would solve this. Is there any way of fixing this?

Best
Per