Christian>Here is some more information on how we develop software:

Christian, I'm a member of PMC in Apache JMeter and Apache Calcite, ok?

>as a community, need to find consensus first

Could you please stop going in circles and just agree to open apache/log4j
Git for writes?
Are there another viable alternatives?

14 December I suggest shipping 1.2.18
16 December I started "[VOTE] Move log4j 1.x from SVN to Git, use the
current apache/log4j mirror"
https://lists.apache.org/thread/ssbdg44gy7txzl16xxd097t7orco52g2
^^ this is exactly to gather PMC consensus on proceeding the work on log4j
1.x in apache/log4j git repo.
As it turns out later, the email consensus on opening Git for writes was
absolutely needed.
....lots of mails...
21 December Remko says "migration to Git will happen"
https://lists.apache.org/thread/y463on8fbvkkc0k0wpzo68ywmogg6327
Then, out of a sudden Ralph creates a new Git repo instead of continuing in
the initially requested one.

23 December I create INFRA-22654 so Logging PMC understands that
the only missing bit is their consensus on reopening apache/log4j

Note, that INFRA says they can easily reopen apache/log4j, and the only
missing bit
is exactly the one I asked 16 December.

Vladimir