What I mean is this: When I want to work with a DB-like thing from Java, I
look 1st for a JDBC driver, when there is no FOSS option, I have to use a
DB-specifc API, for example MongoDB. Granted Cassandra is NoSQL doc store
but there are commercial JDBC drivers IIRC.

All of this to say that I feel it is nice for us to support non-JDBC stores
when there are no FOSS JDBC drivers available for that datastore type.

2. I got it backward then, thank you for explaining it again. +1 to remove
in 3.0 but keep in 2.x.

Gary