On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 10:16 AM, Shai Erera <ser...@gmail.com> wrote:

> But I thought that was the whole point - get rid of Version and loosen on
> the bw policy to not be so restrictive on API. We can finally move to use
> interfaces, stop that API refactoring and deprecation (as one said on a blog
> - "orgy"). If we adopt Mike's proposal, where does it leave us - 99% of the
> development double the efforts, and that tiny percentage like flex (even
> though it's a huge feature in and on itself) having easier life?
>
> Perhaps I'm missing something, but if that's what is proposed and meant, I
> think that not changing anything will (surprisingly and confusingly !) make
> our life easier ...
>
> So Mark, I have to agree w/ you: "If we take that route, I am vehemently
> against changing our policy." +1 !
>
> Shai

I think its less than 1% (flex, etc) that should be excluded from stable,
but thats my opinion.

Ideally, stable would have no backwards-break section at all in CHANGES...
and it seems this is a pretty significant portion of patches these days.

And I don't think merging is "double effort" especially if we aren't doing
risky crazy merges with hairy back compat.

--
Robert Muir
rcm...@gmail.com