On 1/18/11 9:13 AM, Robert Muir wrote:
I can't help but remind myself, this is the same argument Oracle
offered up for the whole reason hudson debacle
(http://hudson-labs.org/content/whos-driving-thing)

Declaring that I have a secret pocket of users that want XYZ isn't
open source consensus.

Well everyone using ant+ivy or maven as their build system likely
consumes artifacts from maven repos.

I'm surprised you're so much against keeping to publish.  I too really
really want to keep ant as Lucene's build tool.  Maven has made me
suicidal in the past.  But I don't want to stop publishing artifacts
to commonly used repos.

I guess we could try to figure out how many people download the
artifacts from m2 repos.  Maybe they have download statistics?
But then what?  What number would justify stopping to publish?

 Michael