As I've mentioned multiple times, I think git is super useful when working
on multiple unrelated things that affect the same files.
What I'd been doing so far with svn is, creating multiple physical
directories (checkouts) and working on them, and tracking them, cleaning
them up, and deleting them when done. With git, I wouldn't have to do any
of that, letting me spend more time on building/fixing things than just
managing my changes.