I agree with Rob on this — delete the ‘jar’s from git history, for all the
reasons Rob said.  If someone wants to attempt to actually *build* an old
release, and thus needs the jars, then they are welcome to use ASF SVN
archives for that purpose instead, and even then apparently it will be a
challenge based on what I’ve read today.

Any way, maybe this will or maybe this won’t even solve the git-svn OOM
problem by itself?  It’s worth a shot to find out as a trial run; no?
Maybe we could ask infra to try as an experiment.  If it doesn’t solve the
problem then we needn’t belabor this decision at this time — it can be
resumed at a future git transitional discussion, which is not the subject
matter of the current crisis.

bq. I know you won't accept rational arguments. :)

Dawid, please, lets not provoke each other with that kind of talk.  The
smiley face doesn’t make it okay.

~ David