> The mistake was to freeze the 6x branch in the first place. The release
branch is the one which should be frozen.

 I certainly agree with this. However, over a week ago there was a request
to hold off on creating the 6_0 branch until Jenkins settled with a 6x. I
received no push back on this suggestion so this was the plan that was
executed (several days after that request was sent).

> I specifically asked the RM to cut the branch to let others progress I
received no replies -- which is why I was forced to do it myself.

Your email was sent to me yesterday and I was on travel so didn't see it
until today (right when the branch was created in fact). Because of time
zones and other jobs I usually like to give people > 24 hours to reply.
That being said, if the collective needs to move forward I'm certainly not
insulted if someone else cuts a branch. I don't think any RM should be.

> The rest of the problem was because I am new to Git

I am not new to git so I had no problem creating the 6_0 branch, it just
seems I didn't get online soon enough.

I think Mike is suggesting, and I agree with this, there needs to be a
reasonable amount of time given for someone to respond.

- Nick