"Major API and bug fixes (no features) can be committed without my approval
before Friday as long as they're reviewed and approved by another
committer."

Hmmm, are there really major API changes underway at this point? As far as
bug fixes needing another committer approval is not something we've done in
the past.

Joel Bernstein
http://joelsolr.blogspot.com/