> : Please vote to release the artifacts at
> : http://people.apache.org/~yonik/staging_area/lucene-solr-3.1RC2
>
> -0
>
> I can't in good conscience vote for these artifacts.

I don't want to suggest anything to slow down the release... but if
the problems are with the source release, what about just doing a
single source release for lucene+solr?

We currently have:

lucene-solr-3.1RC2/lucene/
lucene-solr-3.1RC2/lucene/lucene-3.1.0-src.tar.gz
lucene-solr-3.1RC2/lucene/...
lucene-solr-3.1RC2/solr/
lucene-solr-3.1RC2/solr/apache-solr-3.1.0-src.tgz
lucene-solr-3.1RC2/solr/...

Why not:
lucene-solr-3.1RC2/lucene-3.1.0-src.tar.gz
lucene-solr-3.1RC2/lucene/...
lucene-solr-3.1RC2/solr/...

and let the src release be as close to svn export as possible?  This
will make sure the result builds just as it does when we actually
build it!

With the maven artifacts, we have source for each jar:
http://people.apache.org/~yonik/staging_area/lucene-solr-3.1RC2/solr/maven/org/apache/solr/solr-core/3.1.0/solr-core-3.1.0-sources.jar

http://people.apache.org/~yonik/staging_area/lucene-solr-3.1RC2/lucene/maven/org/apache/lucene/lucene-queries/3.1.0/lucene-queries-3.1.0-sources.jar

I'm not sure the exact ASF source requirements, but maybe the maven
source.jar files are good enough?

Again, I don't think this should be a blocker, but it would be nice to
have things simplified for the next release -- gasp.

ryan