On Fri, Apr 1, 2011 at 8:49 AM, Shai Erera <ser...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The branch is ok -- 3_1 branch is intended for 3.1.x future releases indeed.
>
> If we can commit to releasing 3.2 instead of 3.1.1 in case only bug fixes
> are present, then I'm ok with it. We'd also need to commit, in general, to
> release more often. So if we decide to release say every 3 months, then 3.2
> can include all the bug fixes for 3.1.

I don't think we have to commit to anything explicitly? but maybe we
should see how things go?

Releasing lucene and solr is a "heavy-duty job" and why make
bugfix-only branches (this is a lot of merging and stuff required for
committers) when we can issue releases with bugfixes and also a couple
stable improvements?

Personally, i decided today to stop putting bugs in my code in the
first place :)