So I started going through old JIRAs, and realized I don't have permission
to close duplicates. Could I have more JIRA permissions to complete this
task? I know some projects have given non-committers additional JIRA roles
for those willing to do JIRA maintenance as a contribution.

Alternatively, I can leave notes on them and somebody with more JIRA karma
can do a second pass to handle the cleanup.

Thanks,
Mike